Discover the benefits of belonging to the leading association of insurance and financial advisors.
Advocis has been the strongest voice for financial advisors with federal and provincial governments on public policy and regulatory issues for over 100 years. Through the work of volunteers in chapters and on committees as well as work by Advocis’ staff, we represent the interests of financial advisors while maintaining the utmost concern for the public interest.
Some of the issues Advocis has highlighted through its advocacy work with policy-makers include:
- Establishment of a common securities regulator in Canada
- Principles-based regulation of financial advisors
- Advisor incorporation
Advocis promotes the value of our designations and financial advisors’ professionalism to stakeholders, regulators, elected officials and the public at large.
Advocis offers challenging programs that lead towards the following accreditations:
- Chartered Life Underwriter (CLU®)
- Certified Financial Planner (CFP®)
- Certified Health Insurance Specialist (CHS™)
Continuing Education (CE)
Lifelong learning is an integral part of a profession in financial services in Canada. Advocis members have access to Institute-accredited education programs delivered through our 40 chapters; programs that recognized by regulators as meeting and exceeding the needs of today's financial advisors and planners.
In addition, Advocis offers continuing education opportunities through the Advocis Schools and annual Update seminars.
Among the benefits of being a member of a chapter are networking opportunities and events that involve some of the best financial advisors in Canada. Members receive discounted rates for our quarterly breakfast seminars, Annual Estate and Financial Planning Conference, and other events.
Staying aware of developments in the financial services industry is essential for your success. Our publications for members include:
- FORUM magazine: The official publication of Advocis publish eight times each year. Industry experts, financial journalists and Advocis staff provide an in-depth understanding of the financial services industry.
- Monthly Update: A monthly look at our efforts to help you succeed in your profession.
- Advisor Voice: A newsletter that outlines how Advocis has represented financial advisors while working with policy-makers and regulators.
Code of Professional Conduct (CPC): Your clients expect to be able to trust you. Your adherence to the CPC demonstrates your commitment to the highest of standards in providing financial counsel.
Individuals who are affiliated with an Advocis Corporate Sponsor and join Advocis as a new member are entitled to discounts on products and services provided by Advocis. For a list of our corporate sponsors, please click here.
In addition, individuals associated with a Corporate Sponsor receive discounts and/or rebates on programs leading towards the LLQP or receiving designations such as the CLU®, CFP® and CHS™.